Nixon Electrical Service LTD. ensures a high standard of workplace health and safety for its employees, customers, and work environment. Incidents and injuries can be controlled through good management in combination with active employee involvement. In 2011, the company was awarded a certificate of recognition (COR) for establishing and practicing a comprehensive safety program. We are also a member of ISNetworld. It involves clients and contractors in regards to maintaining and improving safety standards, insurance, quality, and regulatory information.
At Nixon Electric, safety is not only MANDATORY but is also our PRIORITY.
Nixon Electric follows many practices to maintain and improve its safety program within our company.
- Daily task cards: updated as tasks change
- Daily toolbox meetings
- Weekly safety meetings at all 3 locations
- Near miss and corrective action discussion
- Monthly demonstrations of safe practice with tools and equipment by employees
- All employees, supervisors, and managers division-wide attend a monthly safety meeting
- Field Level Hazard Assessment
- Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- A Certified Construction Safety Officer is a member of our staff
- Additional training and courses are provided for specific equipment and workplaces
Nixon Electric provides the necessary foundation for our employees to be well-prepared and well-equipped to perform their duties competently and safely.
- Occupational responsibility
- Orientation, education, and training
- Hazard identification and control
- Workplace inspections
- Emergency planning, fire prevention, and crisis management
- Accident, incident, near miss investigation and return to work
- Public safety, security, and environmental protection
- Occupational health
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Safe work practices and procedures
- Vehicle maintenance and pre-starts
608 Cook Road
Moosomin, SK S0G 3N0
Email: [email protected]
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT OUR COMPANY'S SAFETY POLICY?
Contact our safety advisor Jody Belhumer with any questions you may have.